Dr.Michael Porter, D.C.
Dr. Michael J. Porter received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport Iowa.
Dr. Porter graduated Summa Cum Laude in 1984.
Dr Porter specializes in Chiropractic and Advanced Nutrition Response Testing. In Nutrition Response Testing, he is a master clinician and certified in “advanced clinical training.” This is the highest level of training available in the NRT system. He has completed hours towards a Chiropractic Pediatric Diplomat, and also, has advanced certification in Pierce-Stillwagon and advanced Logan Basic Techniques. Dr. Porter is also Webster certified for care during pregnancy.
Additional Techniques Used:
- Palmer upper cervical specific
- Thompson technique
- Activator Methods
- Sacro-occipital technique
- Cox flexion-distraction
- Extremities adjusting
- Pediatric adjusting
- Webster technique certified for care during pregnancy
- Nutrition Response Testing 'Master certified ACT practitioner'
- Cranial release technique
Memberships / Affiliations:
- International Chiropractic Association
- International Chiropractic Honor Society (Pi Tau Delta)
- Michigan Association of Chiropractors
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association
Community and Professional Services:
- Past President of the Gibraltar Rotary Club
- President and founder of 'Focus on Charity' an organization that helps feed needy families in the downriver area.
Personal Chiropractic Story:
Dr. Porter decided to pursue his career in chiropractic after an accident at age 15 left him in severe pain. Traditional 'medical care' could not fix the problems. His first visit to a chiropractor, six months after his accident, completely eliminated his pain. This impressed him so much that he decided to become a chiropractor himself. He spends his life and career helping others through chiropractic care and nutrition.
Servicing the Downriver Area for over 33 years!