Benefits of Massage...
- General relaxation
- Improved circulation
- Muscle relaxation
- Alleviation of certain types of chronic muscle pain
- Improvement in cellular nutrition
- Relief from negative side effects of stress
- Aid with the recovery of muscle from strenuous work and exercise
- Reduction in anxiety
how it affects your adjustment...
- Increases the effectiveness of chiropractic treatments
- Aids in preparing the body for chiropractic adjustments
- Helps prevent injury to soft tissue due to overly tight muscles
- Effective treatment for repetitive movement injuries
- Increases the effectiveness of any physical fitness regimen
- Increases flexibility
How Massage Works
Therapeutic massage received on a regular basis helps work out chronic muscular tension. A certain amount of tension is melted away with each session and if received regularly, massage can keep the tension from building up again. The releasing of the built up tension aids in relaxation and helps to enhance your health.
Therapeutic massage, along with a stretching routine, also helps you regain and maintain proper spinal alignment. When muscles are relaxed and restored to their optimal length, correct posture and alignment is more easily attained and more easily sustained.
Massage also triggers the relaxation response. Which relieves the negative effects of stress and restores balance in the body.
Other very positive effects of massage include: slower heart rate, deeper breathing, relaxed musculature, improved circulation and digestion.