Dr. Porter graduated Summa Cum Laude in 1984.
Dr Porter specializes in Chiropractic and Advanced Nutrition Response Testing (NRT) for adults and children of all ages. In Nutrition Response Testing, Dr. Porter is a master clinician who is certified in “Advanced Clinical Nutrition.” This is the highest level of training available in the NRT system. He has completed hours towards a Chiropractic Pediatric Diplomat, and has advanced certification in Pierce-Stillwagon Technique as well as advanced Logan Basic Technique. Dr. Porter is also Webster Certified for care during pregnancy.
Additional Techniques Used:
- Upper cervical specific adjusting (Palmer toggle recoil)
- Thompson adjusting technique
- Activator Methods adjusting
- Sacro-occipital technique
- Cox flexion-distraction
- Extremities adjusting
- Pediatric and newborn adjusting techniques
- Webster technique certification for adjusting during pregnancy and maternity
- Nutrition Response Testing 'Master certified ACT practitioner'
- Cranial release technique
Memberships / Affiliations:
- International Chiropractic Association
- International Chiropractic Honor Society (Pi Tau Delta)
- Michigan Association of Chiropractors
- International Chiropractic Pediatric Association
Community and Professional Services:
- Past President of the Gibraltar Rotary Club
- President and founder of 'Focus on Charity' an organization that helps to feed needy families in Downriver Detroit.
Personal Chiropractic Story:
Dr. Porter decided to pursue his career in chiropractic after an accident at age 15 left him in severe pain. Traditional 'medical care' could not fix the problems. His first visit to a chiropractor, six months after his accident, completely eliminated his pain. This impressed him so much that he decided to become a chiropractor himself. He spends his life and career dedicated to helping others through chiropractic care and nutrition.